High Protein Based Lasagna
Being plant based does not mean you have to give up on your favorite foods. You just have to be a little more creative. Here is a delicious and nutritious veggie lasagna that can help you stay on your macros and satisfy your taste buds. This recipe is simple and can be easily customized based on your preferences or availability of ingredients. Pick your favorite lasagna sheets because it will be the familiar backbone of the dish. The blended tofu can mimic that creamy ricotta texture and provide you with lots of protein. The nutritional yeast can give that cheesy taste and your dose of Vitamin B12. The blend vegetables (broccoli, spinach, green onion) will balance out the flavor of the decadent white sauce and hide a full serving of your greens.
White Sauce Ingredients
- In a food processor or blender, combine and mix tofu, spinach, green onion, nutritional yeast and plenty of seasoning (salt, pepper, red pepper, paprika)
- Add olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium low heat.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk to form a thick paste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until it’s slightly brown.
- Reduce the heat to low, and slowly pour in the almond milk.
- Whisk continuously until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the non-dairy cheese and seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Stir until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes creamy.
- Spray a large rectangle pan (9x13”)
- Layer the filling, then a lasagna sheet, then sauce. Repeat.
- Make sure you cover all of the lasagna sheets with sauce
- Add a layer of cheese to the top
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 218° C
- Bake for 40 minutes covered
- Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove and let rest for 15 minutes
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 425kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 19g30%
- Total Carbohydrate 50g17%
- Protein 14g29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.